Oregon Certain Organizations to Conduct Raffles, Measure 3 (1986)
The Oregon Certain Organizations to Conduct Raffles Amendment, also known as Measure 3, was on the November 4, 1986 ballot in Oregon as a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment, where it was approved. The measure permitted charitable, fraternal and religious organizations to hold raffles, as well as bingo and lotto games.
|Oregon Measure 3 (1986)|
Election results via: Oregon Blue Book
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
3. CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT ALLOWS CHARITABLE, FRATERNAL, RELIGIOUS ORGANIZATIONS TO CONDUCT RAFFLES
EXPLANATION - Constitution now bans lotteries except state lottery. It permits charitable, fraternal and religious organizations exempt from federal income tax to hold bingo and lotto games. Amendment adds foundations with same purposes to those eligible. It also allows such organizations to hold raffles. Requirements of exemption from federal income tax is removed. Legislature must define eligible organizations. It may prescribe frequency of games, set top limi on prizes, and require a statement of odds against winning.
NO □ 
- Oregon 1986 ballot measures
- 1986 ballot measures
- List of Oregon ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Oregon
- Oregon Blue Book Initiative, Referendum and Recall: 1980-1987
- Oregon State Constitution
- State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet November 1986
- Oregon State Library, "State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet," accessed December 11, 2013
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Oregon
List of Oregon ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Administrator of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Fish and Wildlife | Commissioner of Labor and Industries | Commissioner of Public Utilities |