Oregon Elections for School District Operating Levies, Measure 1 (May 1977)
The Oregon Elections for School District Operating Levies Amendment, also known as Measure 1, was on the May 17, 1977 ballot in Oregon as a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment, where it was defeated. The measure would have limited school districts to two elections per year for authorizing a tax levy outside their tax base unless voters otherwise petition for additional elections.
|Oregon Measure 1 (May 1977)|
Election results via: Oregon Blue Book
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
1. SCHOOL OPERATING LEVY MEASURE
- Oregon 1977 ballot measures
- 1977 ballot measures
- List of Oregon ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Oregon
- Oregon Blue Book Initiative, Referendum and Recall: 1972-1978
- Oregon State Constitution
- State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet May 1977