Oregon State to Accept Gifted Stock, Measure 2 (1956)
The Oregon State to Accept Gifted Stock Amendment, also known as Measure 2, was on the November 6, 1956 ballot in Oregon as a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment, where it was approved. The measure allowed the state to accept, hold and dispose of corporate stock which has been gifted to the state by will.
|Oregon Measure 2 (1956)|
Election results via: Oregon Blue Book
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
Referred to the People by the Legislative Assembly
2. AUTHORIZING STATE ACCEPTANCE OF CERTAIN GIFTS - Purpose: To authorize the state to accept, hold and dispose of corporation stock which has been donated or bequeathed to the state by will.
- Oregon 1956 ballot measures
- 1956 ballot measures
- List of Oregon ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Oregon
- Oregon Blue Book Initiative, Referendum and Recall: 1948-1956
- Oregon State Constitution
- State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet 1956