For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Oregon Indebtedness for State Reforestation, Measure 2 (1948)
The Oregon Indebtedness for State Reforestation Amendment, also known as Measure 2, was on the November 2, 1948 ballot in Oregon as a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment, where it was approved. The measure authorized state indebtedness for forest rehabilitation, reforestation and acquisition of lands.
|Oregon Measure 2 (1948)|
Election results via: Oregon Blue Book
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
Referred to the People by the Legislative Assembly
CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT AUTHORIZING INDEBTEDNESS FOR STATE REFORESTATION - Purpose: Amending state constitution by adding article XI-E, authorizing indebtedness by loan of state credit not exceeding at any one time 3/4 of 1% of all taxable property in state to provide funds for forest rehabilitation, reforestation and acquisition of lands. Funds derived from sale, exchange or use of forest lands shall be applied in liquidating indebtedness. Bonds or other obligations issued my be renewed or refunded. Ad valorem tax to be levied annually outside 6% limitation in sufficient amount for paying indebtedness and interest. Legislative assembly may provide other revenues supplementing or replacing tax levies and necessary legislation.
302. Yes. I vote for the proposed amendment.
303. No. I vote against the proposed amendment.
- Oregon 1948 ballot measures
- 1948 ballot measures
- List of Oregon ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Oregon
- Oregon Blue Book Initiative, Referendum and Recall: 1948-1956
- Oregon State Constitution
- State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet 1948
- Oregon State Library, "State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet," accessed November 20, 2013
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Oregon
List of Oregon ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Administrator of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Fish and Wildlife | Commissioner of Labor and Industries | Commissioner of Public Utilities |