Oregon Investment of Higher Education Donations, Measure 4 (1970)
The Oregon Investment of Higher Education Donations Amendment, also known as Measure 4, was on the November 3, 1970 ballot in Oregon as a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment, where it was approved. The measure permitted the state to invest donations for public higher education in the stock of any firm.
|Oregon Measure 4 (1970)|
Election results via: Oregon Blue Book
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
4. INVESTING FUNDS DONATED TO HIGHER EDUCATION - Purpose: Constitutional amendment permitting state to invest in stock of any company, association or corporation any funds that are donated or bequeathed for higher education purposes.
NO □ 
- State Senator Victor Atiyeh
- State Representative Frank Roberts
- State Representative George F. Wingard
- Oregon 1970 ballot measures
- 1970 ballot measures
- List of Oregon ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Oregon
- Oregon Blue Book Initiative, Referendum and Recall: 1958-1970
- Oregon State Constitution
- State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet 1970
- Oregon State Library, "State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet," accessed December 2, 2013
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Oregon
List of Oregon ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Administrator of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Fish and Wildlife | Commissioner of Labor and Industries | Commissioner of Public Utilities |