Oregon Limited State Funding of Abortions, Measure 6 (1986)
The Oregon Limited State Funding of Abortions Amendment, also known as Measure 6, was on the November 4, 1986 ballot in Oregon as an initiated constitutional amendment, where it was defeated. The measure would have prohibited the use of state funds for abortions, except to prevent the death of the mother.
|Oregon Measure 6 (1986)|
Election results via: Oregon Blue Book
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
6. CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT PROHIBITS STATE FUNDING ABORTIONS. EXCEPTION: PREVENT MOTHER’S DEATH
EXPLANATION - The measure would amend the Oregon Constitution by adding to Article IX the following new section.
Section 9: State monies must not be used to fund abortions, except to prevent the death of the mother.
NO □ 
- Oregon 1986 ballot measures
- 1986 ballot measures
- List of Oregon ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Oregon
- Oregon Blue Book Initiative, Referendum and Recall: 1980-1987
- Oregon State Constitution
- State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet November 1986
- Oregon State Library, "State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet," accessed December 11, 2013
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Oregon
List of Oregon ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Administrator of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Fish and Wildlife | Commissioner of Labor and Industries | Commissioner of Public Utilities |