Oregon Linn County to Levy Tax to Pay Warrants, Measure 1 (1922)
The Oregon Linn County to Levy Tax to Pay Warrants Amendment, also known as Measure 1, was on the November 7, 1922 ballot in Oregon as a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment, where it was approved. The measure required the annual levy of a two mills tax in Linn County, Oregon, until all county warrants are paid.
|Oregon Measure 1 (1922)|
Election results via: Oregon Blue Book
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
Constitutional Amendment - Referred to the People by the Legislative Assembly
Submitted by the Legislature - AMENDMENT PERMITTING LINN COUNTY TAX LEVY TO PAY OUTSTANDING WARRANTS - Purpose: To amend section 10 of article XI of the constitution of the state of Oregon so as to require the annual levy of a tax of two mills on the dollar on all taxable property in Linn county, Oregon, until all warrants of said county outstanding December 31, 1921, are paid with legal interest and permitting such levy to be made in excess of the limitations fixed by said section 10 of article XI.
Path to the ballot
- Oregon 1922 ballot measures
- 1922 ballot measures
- List of Oregon ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Oregon
- Oregon Blue Book Initiative, Referendum and Recall: 1922-1928
- Oregon State Constitution
- of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet 1922
- Oregon State Library, "State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet," accessed November 13, 2013
- Oregon Blue Book, "Oregon State Constitution," accessed November 12, 2013
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Oregon
List of Oregon ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Administrator of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Fish and Wildlife | Commissioner of Labor and Industries | Commissioner of Public Utilities |