For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Oregon Preservation of the McKenzie River, Measure 8 (1928)
The Oregon Preservation of the McKenzie River Bill, also known as Measure 7, was on the November 6, 1928 ballot in Oregon as an initiated state statute, where it was defeated. The measure would have declared the natural preservation of the McKenzie River from private commercial interests, except under certain conditions and with specific approvals.
|Oregon Measure 8 (1928)|
Election results via: Oregon Blue Book
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
Initiative Bill - Proposed by Initiative Petition - Vote YES or NO
MCKENZIE RIVER WATER AND FISH BILL - Purpose: To declare the maintenance of the McKenzie river and its tributaries in its natural condition free from commercial encroachments for food and game fish propagation and recreational purposes, a beneficial use of its waters, and, subject to vested rights and rights of riparian owners for required domestic use, to withdraw from appropriation or condemnation all waters of said river and tributaries not already appropriated to beneficial use, and prohibiting diversion or interruption of their natural flow except for improvements for navigation under authority of the United States or for fish hatchery and propagation work by the state.
314. Yes, I vote for the proposed law.
315. No, I vote against the proposed law.
Path to the ballot
- Oregon 1928 ballot measures
- 1928 ballot measures
- List of Oregon ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Oregon
- Oregon Blue Book Initiative, Referendum and Recall: 1922-1928
- Oregon State Constitution
- State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet 1928
- Oregon State Library, "State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet," accessed November 13, 2013
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Oregon
List of Oregon ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Administrator of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Fish and Wildlife | Commissioner of Labor and Industries | Commissioner of Public Utilities |