For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Oregon Privatization of Alcohol Sales, Measure 7 (1940)
The Oregon Privatization of Alcohol Sales Bill, was on the November 5, 1940 ballot in Oregon as an initiated state statute, where it was defeated. The measure would have repealed a law allowing only the liquor control commission to sell alcoholic beverages and thereby allowed private entities to import, manufacture and sell alcoholic beverages.
|Oregon Measure 7 (1940)|
Election results via: Oregon Blue Book
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
Proposed by Initiative Petition
BILL REPEALING PRESENT LIQUOR LAW; AUTHORIZING PRIVATE SALE, LICENSED, TAXED - Purpose: Repealing the present liquor law providing that only liquor control commission can import, purchase and sell alcoholic liquor containing over seventeen percent of alcohol, and that such liquor may not be consumed on the premises, only that containing less alcohol being licensed; authorizes private importation, manufacture, purchase and sale of all alcoholic liquors under license from the commission, recreated by this bill; permits liquor being consumed both on and off premises where sold, depending on vendor's license; the commission to issue numerous classes of wholesale and retail liquor licenses; levying privilege or sales taxes on the various classes of liquor business.
312. Yes. I vote for the proposed amendment.
313. No. I vote against the proposed amendment.
- Oregon 1940 ballot measures
- 1940 ballot measures
- List of Oregon ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Oregon
- Oregon Blue Book Initiative, Referendum and Recall: 1938-1947
- Oregon State Constitution
- State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet 1940
- Oregon State Library, "State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet," accessed November 19, 2013
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Oregon
List of Oregon ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Administrator of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Fish and Wildlife | Commissioner of Labor and Industries | Commissioner of Public Utilities |