Oregon Prohibition of Commercial Salmon and Steelhead Fishing, Measure 4 (1964)
The Oregon Prohibition of Commercial Salmon and Steelhead Fishing Act, also known as Measure 4, was on the November 3, 1964 ballot in Oregon as an initiated state statute, where it was defeated. The measure would have prohibited commercial fishing for salmon and steelhead from all state inland waters, including boundary rivers.
|Oregon Measure 4 (1964)|
Election results via: Oregon Blue Book
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
4. PROHIBITING COMMERCIAL FISHING FOR SALMON, STEELHEAD - Purpose: Prohibits commercial fishing for salmon, steelhead in all Oregon inland waters, including boundary rivers. Prohibits all commercial dealings in such fish taken in prohibited areas.
NO □ 
- Save Our Salmon & Steelhead, Inc.
- Salmon for All, Inc.
- Democratic Party of Oregon
- Republican Party of Oregon
- Oregon AFL-CIO
- Associated Oregon Industries
- Oregon Brotherhood of Teamsters
- Oregon Coast Association
- Commercial Trollers Union
- Oregon State Grange
- Otter Trawl Commission
- Columbia River Fishermen’s Protective Union
- Oregon Building Trades Council
- Oregon 1964 ballot measures
- 1964 ballot measures
- List of Oregon ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Oregon
- Oregon Blue Book Initiative, Referendum and Recall: 1958-1970
- Oregon State Constitution
- State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet 1964
- Oregon State Library, "State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet," accessed November 26, 2013
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Oregon
List of Oregon ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Administrator of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Fish and Wildlife | Commissioner of Labor and Industries | Commissioner of Public Utilities |