Oregon Prohibition of Nuclear Plant Operations Until Waste Site Licensed, Measure 14 (1986)
The Oregon Prohibition of Nuclear Plant Operations Until Waste Site Licensed Act, also known as Measure 14, was on the November 4, 1986 ballot in Oregon as an initiated state statute, where it was defeated. The measure would have prohibited all nuclear power plant operations until the federal government licenses a permanent radioactive waste disposal site.
|Oregon Measure 14 (1986)|
Election results via: Oregon Blue Book
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
14. PROHIBITS NUCLEAR POWER PLANT OPERATION UNTIL PERMANENT WASTE SITE LICENSED
EXPLANATION - (1) This measure prohibits all Oregon nuclear power plant operation until the Oregon Energy Facility Siting Council finds that a federally licensed high level radioactive waste disposal site is available to immediately accept plant waste for permanent disposal. Waste retrieval operation for reprocessing is not required.
(2) If legislature declares an emergency need for electricity not available from other resources, including conservation, temporary suspension or repeal of part (1) of this measure must be referred to voters.
NO □ 
- Oregon 1986 ballot measures
- 1986 ballot measures
- List of Oregon ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Oregon
- Oregon Blue Book Initiative, Referendum and Recall: 1980-1987
- Oregon State Constitution
- State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet November 1986
- Oregon State Library, "State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet," accessed December 11, 2013
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Oregon
List of Oregon ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Administrator of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Fish and Wildlife | Commissioner of Labor and Industries | Commissioner of Public Utilities |