Oregon Prohibits Payment for Local Telephone Exchanges, Measure 8 (1986)
The Oregon Prohibits Payment for Local Telephone Exchanges Act, also known as Measure 8, was on the November 4, 1986 ballot in Oregon as an initiated state statute, where it was approved. The measure prohibited the Public Utility Commissioner from requiring local measured telephone service payments from customers.
|Oregon Measure 8 (1986)|
Election results via: Oregon Blue Book
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
8. PROHIBITS MANDATORY LOCAL MEASURED TELEPHONE SERVICE EXCEPT MOBILE PHONE SERVICE
EXPLANATION - Proposed law prohibits Public Utility Commissioner from requiring telephone customers to pay for local exchange service on a mandatory measured service basis. “Measured service” means charging for local service based upon number, length, distance or time of calls, or combination thereof. Mandatory measured service for land, marine, air mobile phone service or local exchange service resold at a profit is not prohibited. Commissioner may not take action, including local exchange boundary changes, circumventing this Act.
NO □ 
- Oregon 1986 ballot measures
- 1986 ballot measures
- List of Oregon ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Oregon
- Oregon Blue Book Initiative, Referendum and Recall: 1980-1987
- Oregon State Constitution
- State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet November 1986
- Oregon State Library, "State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet," accessed December 11, 2013
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Oregon
List of Oregon ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Administrator of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Fish and Wildlife | Commissioner of Labor and Industries | Commissioner of Public Utilities |