Oregon Reduction of Property Tax, Measure 11 (1978)
The Oregon Reduction of Property Tax Amendment, also known as Measure 11, was on the November 7, 1978 ballot in Oregon as a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment, where it was defeated. The measure would have reduced tax payable by homeowners by one-half up to $1,500 and provided comparable relief to renters, refunded remaining state tax surplus to income taxpayers and froze assessed values for one tax year.
|Oregon Measure 11 (1978)|
Election results via: Oregon Blue Book
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
11. REDUCES PROPERTY TAX PAYABLE BY HOMEOWNER AND RENTER
Specifies that if this measure and Measure No. 6 are approved, only the one receiving most “yes” votes takes effect.
ESTIMATE OF FINANCIAL EFFECT: Adoption of this measure will transfer $507.5 million from state revenues for payment by the state of 50 percent of the local property taxes on owner-occupied residences and providing comparable relief to renters.
NO □ 
- Oregon 1978 ballot measures
- 1978 ballot measures
- List of Oregon ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Oregon
- Oregon Blue Book Initiative, Referendum and Recall: 1972-1978
- Oregon State Constitution
- State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet November 1978
- Oregon State Library, "State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet," accessed December 9, 2013
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Oregon
List of Oregon ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Administrator of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Fish and Wildlife | Commissioner of Labor and Industries | Commissioner of Public Utilities |