Oregon Reorganization of State Militia, Measure 1 (1962)
The Oregon Reorganization of State Militia Amendment, also known as Measure 1, was on the November 6, 1962 ballot in Oregon as a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment, where it was approved. The measure authorized the legislature to reorganize the state militia and empowered the Governor and Adjutant General to appoint all officers.
|Oregon Measure 1 (1962)|
Election results via: Oregon Blue Book
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
1. REORGANIZE STATE MILITIA - Purpose: To amend Constitution by authorizing legislature to reorganize state militia. Eliminates election of certain officers. Empowers Governor and Adjutant General to appoint all officers.
- State Senator Carl Francis
- State Representative Edward N. Fadeley
- State Representative Winton Hunt
- Oregon 1962 ballot measures
- 1962 ballot measures
- List of Oregon ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Oregon
- Oregon Blue Book Initiative, Referendum and Recall: 1958-1970
- Oregon State Constitution
- State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet 1962