Oregon Repeal Issuance of Bonds by Irrigation and Drainage Districts, Measure 1 (1930)
The Oregon Repeal Issuance of Bonds by Irrigation and Drainage Districts Amendment, also known as Measure 1, was on the November 4, 1930 ballot in Oregon as a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment, where it was approved. The measure repealed the ability of irrigation and drainage districts to issue and sell bonds.
|Oregon Measure 1 (1930)|
Election results via: Oregon Blue Book
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
Constitutional Amendment - Referred to the People by the Legislative Assembly - Vote YES or NO
REPEAL OF STATE PAYMENT OF IRRIGATION AND DRAINAGE DISTRICT INTEREST - Purpose: To repeal article XI-b of the state constitution, which now provides for the issuance and sale of state bonds and the payment, with the money received therefore, of the interest on bonds issued by irrigation and drainage districts, for the first five years after such bonds are issued; the districts to repay the state after the district bonds are paid off.
300. Yes, I vote for repealing the Article.
301. No, I vote against repealing the Article.
Path to the ballot
- Oregon 1930 ballot measures
- 1930 ballot measures
- List of Oregon ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Oregon
- Oregon Blue Book Initiative, Referendum and Recall: 1930-1936
- Oregon State Constitution
- State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet 1930
- Oregon State Library, "State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet," accessed November 15, 2013
- Oregon Blue Book, "Oregon State Constitution," accessed November 13, 2013
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Oregon
List of Oregon ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Administrator of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Fish and Wildlife | Commissioner of Labor and Industries | Commissioner of Public Utilities |