Oregon Repeal of Rural Credits Loan Fund, Measure 2 (1942)
The Oregon Repeal of Rural Credits Loan Fund Amendment, also known as Measure 2, was on the November 3, 1942 ballot in Oregon as a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment, where it was approved. The measure repealed the Rural Credits Loan Fund, which provided loans to farmers and others living in rural areas.
|Oregon Measure 2 (1942)|
Election results via: Oregon Blue Book
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
Referred to the People by the Legislative Assembly
RURAL CREDITS LOAN FUND REPEAL AMENDMENT - Purpose: Constitutional amendment repealing Article XI-A, Oregon Constitution, which provides for issuance and sale of state bonds, the proceeds therefrom to be known as the “Rural Credits Loan Fund,” to be loaned on farm mortgages; transferring the assets of said rural credits loan fund, after paying outstanding bonds issued pursuant to said Article XI-A, to be irreducible school fund.
302. Yes. I vote for the proposed amendment.
303. No. I vote against the proposed amendment.
- Oregon 1942 ballot measures
- 1942 ballot measures
- List of Oregon ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Oregon
- Oregon Blue Book Initiative, Referendum and Recall: 1938-1947
- Oregon State Constitution
- State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet 1942
- Oregon State Library, "State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet," accessed November 19, 2013
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Oregon
List of Oregon ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Administrator of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Fish and Wildlife | Commissioner of Labor and Industries | Commissioner of Public Utilities |