Oregon Revenue Uses from Gasoline and Vehicle Taxes, Measure 3 (1942)
The Oregon Revenue Uses from Gasoline and Vehicle Taxes Amendment, also known as Measure 4, was on the November 3, 1942 ballot in Oregon as a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment, where it was approved. The measure allocated revenues from motor fuel and vehicle taxes to construction, improvement, maintenance, operation and policing of public highways and for the acquisition, development and maintenance of recreational, scenic and historic places.
|Oregon Measure 3 (1942)|
Election results via: Oregon Blue Book
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
Referred to the People by the Legislative Assembly
AMENDMENT SPECIFYING EXCLUSIVE USES OF GASOLINE AND MOTOR VEHICLE TAXES - Purpose: To amend section 3, Article IX, Oregon Constitution, by adding the provision that proceeds from any taxes levied on storage, withdrawal, use, sale, distribution, importation, or receipt of motor vehicle fuel, and on ownership, operation, or use of motor vehicles shall after payment of cost of administration and authorized refunds and credits, be used exclusively for construction, reconstruction, improvement, repair, maintenance, operation, use and policing of public highways, including retirement of bonds for which revenues are pledged, and for acquisition, development, maintenance, care and use of parks, recreational, scenic and historic places, and the publicizing of such uses and things.
304. Yes. I vote for the proposed amendment.
305. No. I vote against the proposed amendment.
- Oregon 1942 ballot measures
- 1942 ballot measures
- List of Oregon ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Oregon
- Oregon Blue Book Initiative, Referendum and Recall: 1938-1947
- Oregon State Constitution
- State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet 1942
- Oregon State Library, "State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet," accessed November 19, 2013
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Oregon
List of Oregon ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Administrator of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Fish and Wildlife | Commissioner of Labor and Industries | Commissioner of Public Utilities |