Oregon Revision of Corporate Income Taxes, Measure 12 (1986)
The Oregon Revision of Corporate Income Taxes Act, also known as Measure 12, was on the November 4, 1986 ballot in Oregon as an initiated state statute, where it was defeated. The measure would have reduced corporate income tax rates, but increased rates for higher bracket earners and increased property tax relief.
|Oregon Measure 12 (1986)|
Election results via: Oregon Blue Book
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
12. STATE INCOME TAX CHANGES, INCREASED REVENUE TO PROPERTY TAX RELIEF
EXPLANATION - Measure reduces state tax rates for low taxable personal income. Rates for higher taxable income increased to maximum 15% of amount over $11,000 for individual taxpayer. (Top rate now 10% for amount over $5,000.) Reduces federal, foreign country income tax adjustments from $7,000 to $5,000 on joint return. Changes corporate excise tax from 7.5% flat rate to graduated 5.5% to 10.5% rates. Changes depreciation deductions. Increased revenues provide homeowner, renter property tax relief.
NO □ 
- Oregon 1986 ballot measures
- 1986 ballot measures
- List of Oregon ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Oregon
- Oregon Blue Book Initiative, Referendum and Recall: 1980-1987
- Oregon State Constitution
- State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet November 1986
- Oregon State Library, "State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet," accessed December 11, 2013
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Oregon
List of Oregon ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Administrator of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Fish and Wildlife | Commissioner of Labor and Industries | Commissioner of Public Utilities |