Oregon Salaries of Executive and Judicial Offices, Measure 3 (1956)
The Oregon Salaries of Executive and Judicial Offices Amendment, also known as Measure 3, was on the November 6, 1956 ballot in Oregon as a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment, where it was approved. The measure fixed the annual salary of the Governor and Secretary of State at $1,500, Treasurer at $800 and Supreme Court Judges at $2,000.
|Oregon Measure 3 (1956)|
Election results via: Oregon Blue Book
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
Referred to the People by the Legislative Assembly
3. SALARIES OF CERTAIN STATE OFFICERS - Purpose: To repeal original provision of Oregon Constitution adopted in 1859 fixing the annual salary of Governor and Secretary of State at $1500, State Treasurer at $800 and Supreme Court Judges at $2000.
- Oregon 1956 ballot measures
- 1956 ballot measures
- List of Oregon ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Oregon
- Oregon Blue Book Initiative, Referendum and Recall: 1948-1956
- Oregon State Constitution
- State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet 1956