For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Oregon Sales and Property Taxes, Measure 1 (June 1969)
The Oregon Sales and Property Taxes Amendment, also known as Measure 1, was on the June 3, 1969 ballot in Oregon as a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment, where it was approved. The measure would have reduced property taxes, increased corporation taxes and sales taxes.
|Oregon Measure 1 (June 1969)|
Election results via: Oregon Blue Book
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
1. PROPERTY TAX RELIEF AND SALES TAX - Purpose: Enacts three percent tax exempting food and prescription medicine. Prohibits increase without people’s vote. Constitutionally dedicates proceeds to reducing property taxes. Changes constitutional school property tax limitations, establishes new property tax bases which school districts cannot exceed without people's vote. Restricts number of school tax elections, provides uniform dates. Increases corporation taxes. Rebates some income taxes to low income families. Prohibits increased property taxes on homesteads of $20,000 or less after owner's age 65.
ESTIMATE OF FINANCIAL EFFECTS: The passage by the people of HJR 8 would make operative three state revenue measures.
NO □ 
- State Senator Anthony Yturri
- State Representative Floyd H. Hart
- State Representative Sam Johnson
- Oregonians for Property Tax Relief
- Over 65 Or Almost Committee
- The Committee to Clear the Air
- Do Farmers Have a Future Committee
- Committee for Sensible School Budget Elections
- Oregonians Against Unfair Sales Tax
- Oregon AFL-CIO
- United Steelworkers of America
- Oregon State Grange
- Oregon 1969 ballot measures
- 1969 ballot measures
- List of Oregon ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Oregon
- Oregon Blue Book Initiative, Referendum and Recall: 1958-1970
- Oregon State Constitution
- State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet 1969
- Oregon State Library, "State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet," accessed November 29, 2013
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Oregon
List of Oregon ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Administrator of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Fish and Wildlife | Commissioner of Labor and Industries | Commissioner of Public Utilities |