Oregon School District Election Amendment, Measure 54 (2008)
elections and campaigns
|Not on ballot|
Measure 54 removed provisions relating to qualifications of electors for school district elections. It was a technical fix designed to remove an odd but inoperative provision in the Oregon Constitution which barred those under 21 from voting in school board elections. The provision removed by Measure 54, apparently, was not changed when the voting age was lowered to 18. Measure 54 appeared on the in Oregon.
|Measure 54 (2008)|
- Election results from Oregon Secretary of State
Text of measure
The measure's ballot title was:
Standardizes Voting Eligibility For School Board Elections With Other State And Local Elections.
The full text of constitutional changes approved by Measure 54 is available here.
|historical ballot measure article requires that the text of the measure be added to the page.|
- Oregon Voters' Pamphlet for Measure 54
- 2008 General Election Measures: Voter Guide
- HJR 4 complete summary
- Information and status on this ballot measure from the Secretary of State
- OPB News: "Measure 54: The Classroom Project That Made It To The Ballot," Sept. 11, 2008
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Oregon
List of Oregon ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Administrator of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Fish and Wildlife | Commissioner of Labor and Industries | Commissioner of Public Utilities |