Oregon Single Item Veto, Measure 1 (1916)
The Oregon Single Item Veto Amendment, also known as Measure 1, was on the November 7, 1916 ballot in Oregon as a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment, where it was approved. The measure authorized the Governor to veto single items in appropriation bills.
|Oregon Measure 1 (1916)|
Election results via: Oregon Blue Book
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
Referred to the People by the Legislative Assembly
Submitted by the Legislature. - SINGLE ITEM VETO AMENDMENT - An amendment to Section 15 of Article V of the Constitution of the State of Oregon authorizing the Governor to veto single items in appropriation bills. --- Vote YES or NO.
Path to the ballot
- Oregon 1916 ballot measures
- 1916 ballot measures
- List of Oregon ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Oregon
- Oregon Blue Book Initiative, Referendum and Recall: 1916-1921
- Oregon State Constitution
- State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet 1916