Oregon State Legislative Salaries, Measure 3 (1958)
The Oregon State Legislative Salaries Amendment, also known as Measure 3, was on the November 4, 1958 ballot in Oregon as a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment, where it was defeated. The measure would have increased the annual salaries of state legislators from $600 to $1,200.
|Oregon Measure 3 (1958)|
Election results via: Oregon Blue Book
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
3. SALARIES OF STATE LEGISLATORS - Purpose: To amend Oregon Constitution by increasing salaries of state legislators from $600 to $1200 per year.
(ESTIMATE OF COST: This amendment would increase the aggregate salaries of the 90 members of the legislature by $54,800 per annum.)
- Oregon 1958 ballot measures
- 1958 ballot measures
- List of Oregon ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Oregon
- Oregon Blue Book Initiative, Referendum and Recall: 1958-1970
- Oregon State Constitution
- State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet 1958