Oregon State Normal School at Ashland, Measure 7 (1914)
The Oregon State Normal School at Ashland Act, also known as Measure 7, was on the November 3, 1914 ballot in Oregon as a legislatively-referred state statute, where it was defeated. The measure would have levied a tax of one-fortieth of a mill on all taxable property within the state for the construction and maintenance of the Southern Oregon State Normal School at Ashland, Jackson County.
|Oregon Measure 7 (1914)|
Election results via: Oregon Blue Book
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
Referred to the People by the Legislative Assembly
A BILL for an Act to levy annually a tax of one-fortieth (1-40) of a mill on the dollar on all taxable property within the State of Oregon for the construction of buildings and the support and maintenance of the Southern Oregon State Normal School at Ashland, Jackson County. --- Vote YES or NO.
Path to the ballot
- Oregon 1914 ballot measures
- 1914 ballot measures
- List of Oregon ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Oregon
- Oregon Blue Book Initiative, Referendum and Recall: 1912-1914
- Oregon State Constitution
- State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet 1914