Oregon Tax Hike Vote (2010), opponents, TV ads
- Main article: Oregon Tax Hike Vote, Ballot Measures 66 and 67 (2010)
TV ads timeline
- On November 29, 2009, Oregonians Against Job-Killing Taxes released their first television ad in opposition to the tax hike measures. The ad, labeled as "Obama Says" on YouTube.com, uses an August 5, 2009 interview by NBC with President Barack Obama. In the clip, Obama flatly rejects the notion of raising taxes during a recession. Raising taxes, said Obama, "would take more demand out of the economy and put business in a further hole."
- On December 1, 2009, they released their second ad, titled “Please Remit.” In the clip, a woman learns that the tax increases are retroactive to January 1, 2009, even though no money has been withheld from Oregonians’ paychecks to cover the extra tax.
- On December 28, 2009, a third clip titled “Doesn’t Matter” hit the airwaves. The ad says the state has increased spending every year for more almost three decades. The ad says 2009-11 budget was $4.7 billion larger than the last. The announcer says, “Tell state government to tighten its belt like the rest of us.”
- On January 12, 2010, measure opponents released a fourth clip titled "Measure 66 & 67 will hurt small businesses." The clip features a workers being laid off from a bakery. According to spokesperson Pat McCormick the ad was not meant to be specific to the bakery business but instead to feature the effects of a increasing taxes during a tough economy.
Oregonians Against Job-Killing Taxes ad, 11-29-09
Oregonians Against Job-Killing Taxes ad, 12-4-09
Oregonians Against Job-Killing Taxes ad, 12-28-09
Oregonians Against Job-Killing Taxes ad, 1-12-10
- Oregon Public Broadcasting,"Tax Measure Ad Campaigns Criticized As Vote Nears," January 12, 2010
- The Oregonian,"Ad Watch: Oregon Tax Measures 66 and 67," January 14, 2010
- The Oregonian,"Ad wars over Oregon's Measure 66 and 67 test voters' gut emotions," January 14, 2010
- The Oregonian,"Anti-tax campaign leans on Obama," December 1, 2009
- YouTube,"Please Remit TV ad," retrieved January 7, 2010
- YouTube,"Doesn’t Matter TV ad," retrieved January 7, 2010
- YouTube,"Measure 66 & 67 will hurt small businesses ad," retrieved January 19, 2010
- The Oregonian,"Oregon tax campaigns release new TV ads," January 13, 2010
State of Oregon
List of Oregon ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Administrator of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Fish and Wildlife | Commissioner of Labor and Industries | Commissioner of Public Utilities |