Oregon Tax Limitation Formula, Measure 3 (1932)
The Oregon Tax Limitation Formula Amendment, also known as Measure 3, was on the November 8, 1932 ballot in Oregon as a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment, where it was approved. The measure limited the amount of tax that may be levied in any year to not more than the total amount levied in any one year of the three preceding years plus six percent.
|Oregon Measure 3 (1932)|
Election results via: Oregon Blue Book
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
Constitutional Amendment - Referred to the People by the Legislative Assembly - Vote YES or NO
SIX PER CENT TAX LIMITATION AMENDMENT - Purpose: To amend the constitution so as to limit the amount of tax that may be levied in any year by the state, or any county, municipality, or district, to not more than the total amount levied in any one year of the three years immediately preceding, plus six per centum thereof, except for the payment of bonded indebtedness and interest thereon, instead of such limitation being based upon the levy for the last year immediately preceding as now provided by the constitution, the same change to be applicable to newly created taxing districts.
304. Yes. I vote for the amendment.
305. No. I vote against the amendment.
Path to the ballot
- Oregon 1932 ballot measures
- 1932 ballot measures
- List of Oregon ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Oregon
- Oregon Blue Book Initiative, Referendum and Recall: 1930-1936
- Oregon State Constitution
- State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet 1932
- Oregon State Library, "State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet," accessed November 15, 2013
- Oregon Blue Book, "Oregon State Constitution," accessed November 15, 2013
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Oregon
List of Oregon ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Administrator of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Fish and Wildlife | Commissioner of Labor and Industries | Commissioner of Public Utilities |