Oregon Transportation of Natural Resources as Public Use, Measure 2 (1924)
The Oregon Transportation of Natural Resources as Public Use Amendment, also known as Measure 2, was on the November 4, 1924 ballot in Oregon as a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment, where it was approved. The measure deemed that roadways and waterways which permit the transportation of natural resources as public use and necessary for socioeconomic development.
|Oregon Measure 2 (1924)|
Election results via: Oregon Blue Book
Text of measure
The language on the ballot appeared as:
Constitutional Amendment - Referred to the People by the Legislative Assembly
Submitted by the Legislature - PUBLIC USE AND WELFARE AMENDMENT - Purpose: To amend section 18 of article I of the constitution to provide that the use of all the roads, ways and waterways, necessary to permit the transportation of the raw products of mine, or farm, or forest, or water for beneficial use or drainage, is necessary to the development and welfare of the state and is declared a public use.
Path to the ballot
- See also: Amending the Oregon Constitution
- Oregon 1924 ballot measures
- 1924 ballot measures
- List of Oregon ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Oregon
- Oregon Blue Book Initiative, Referendum and Recall: 1922-1928
- Oregon State Constitution
- State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet 1924
- Oregon State Library, "State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet," accessed November 13, 2013
- Oregon Blue Book, "Oregon State Constitution," accessed November 13, 2013
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Oregon
List of Oregon ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Administrator of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Fish and Wildlife | Commissioner of Labor and Industries | Commissioner of Public Utilities |