For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Oregon Voter Approval Needed to Circumvent Tax Limitations, Measure 4 (1952)
The Oregon Voter Approval Needed to Circumvent Tax Limitations Amendment, also known as Measure 4, was on the November 4, 1952 ballot in Oregon as a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment, where it was approved. The measure provided that neither the state nor other taxing unit can levy taxes in any year greater than an amount levied in one of three preceding years plus six percent unless voters approve otherwise.
|Oregon Measure 4 (1952)|
Election results via: Oregon Blue Book
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
Referred to the People by the Legislative Assembly
AMENDMENT LEGAL VOTERS OF TAXING UNIT ESTABLISH TAX BASE - Purpose: Amends section 11, Article XI of Oregon constitution, providing unless authorized by a majority of legal voters no taxing unit, state, county, municipality, district or other tax levying body shall in any year raise a greater amount of revenue for given year than amount levied in one of three years immediately preceding, excepting payment of bonded indebtedness or interest thereon, in excess of tax base plus six percentum or amount approved by legal voters establishing tax base, which shall be submitted at general and primary elections and specify in dollars and cents both base in effect and base established.
306. Yes. I vote for the proposed amendment.
307. No. I vote against the proposed amendment.
- Oregon 1952 ballot measures
- 1952 ballot measures
- List of Oregon ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Oregon
- Oregon Blue Book Initiative, Referendum and Recall: 1948-1956
- Oregon State Constitution
- State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet 1952
- Oregon State Library, "State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet," accessed November 21, 2013
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Oregon
List of Oregon ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Administrator of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Fish and Wildlife | Commissioner of Labor and Industries | Commissioner of Public Utilities |