Oregon Voter Approval for Nuclear Waste Facilities, Measure 7 (1980)
The Oregon Voter Approval for Nuclear Waste Facilities Amendment, also known as Measure 7, was on the November 4, 1980 ballot in Oregon as an initiated state statute, where it was approved. The measure required that a permanent nuclear waste disposal facility within the state must be federally licensed and have voter approval.
|Oregon Measure 7 (1980)|
Election results via: Oregon Blue Book
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
7. NUCLEAR PLANT LICENSING REQUIRES VOTER APPROVAL, WASTE DISPOSAL FACILITY EXISTENCE
PURPOSE - Measure would require finding of existence of federally licensed permanent disposal facility for spent nuclear fuel and high-level radioactive wastes, before site certificate for nuclear power plant is granted or Public Utility Commissioner approves plant financing. Voter approval of site certificates issuance at statewide election also required. Measure would not affect site certificate granted November 15, 1980, and would not prevent site certificate applicant from obtaining other necessary plant licenses.
NO □ 
- Oregon 1980 ballot measures
- 1980 ballot measures
- List of Oregon ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Oregon
- Blue Book Initiative, Referendum and Recall: 1980-1987
- Oregon State Constitution
- State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet November 1980
- Oregon State Library, "State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet," accessed December 9, 2013
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Oregon
List of Oregon ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Administrator of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Fish and Wildlife | Commissioner of Labor and Industries | Commissioner of Public Utilities |