Oregon Water and Power Board, Measure 19 (1926)
The Oregon Water and Power Board Amendment, also known as Measure 19, was on the November 2, 1926 ballot in Oregon as an initiated constitutional amendment, where it was defeated. The measure would have created the Oregon Water and Power Board with the power to conserve, develop, store and distribute electric energy and water for irrigation and domestic purposes.
- See Energy policy in Oregon for a full explanation of energy policy across the state.
|Oregon Measure 19 (1926)|
Election results via: Oregon Blue Book
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
Initiative Measure - Proposed by Initiative Petition
Initiated by Housewives' Council, Inc.: Josephine M. Othus, Mary A. Dean, Clara M. Simonton - OREGON WATER AND POWER BOARD DEVELOPMENT MEASURES - Creating the Oregon Water and Power Board of five elective members; appointing first members, board filling vacancies; giving state board full authority for conservation, development, storage, distribution of electric energy and water for irrigation and domestic purposes; authorizing state bonds issued not exceeding five per centum of assessed state valuation; bonds issued to pay interest or principal of outstanding bonds; issuance of interest hearing state public utility certificates; paying principal or interest of bonds from state general fund with repayment from bond fund; taxes levied to provide such moneys; appropriating $250,000 from general fund returnable from water and power revolving fund.
336. Yes, I vote for the proposed law
337. No, I vote against the proposed law
Path to the ballot
- Oregon 1926 ballot measures
- 1926 ballot measures
- List of Oregon ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Oregon
- Energy policy in Oregon
- Oregon Blue Book Initiative, Referendum and Recall: 1922-1928
- Oregon State Constitution
- State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet 1926
- Oregon State Library, "State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet," accessed November 13, 2013
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Oregon
List of Oregon ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Administrator of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Fish and Wildlife | Commissioner of Labor and Industries | Commissioner of Public Utilities |