|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 55|
|November 29, 2013-Present|
|January 3, 2016|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 5, 2013|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|High school||Rosa A. Temple High School|
|Date of birth||July 30, 1953|
Elections for the office of Mississippi House of Representatives will take place in 2015. A primary election will be held on August 4, 2015, and the general election November 3, 2015. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 27, 2015.
Denton won election in the special election for Mississippi House of Representatives District 55. The seat was vacant following George Flaggs, Jr.'s (D) election as Mayor of Vicksburg. Denton defeated Chris Green, Andrew W. Harrell, Marie Thompson and Joseph E. Williams, Jr. in the special election, which took place on November 5, 2013.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Oscar + Denton + Mississippi + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Mississippi State Legislature
- Mississippi House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Mississippi state legislative districts
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2015 Elections Calendar," accessed December 2, 2014
- blogs.clarionledger.com, "Bryant sets date for three House special elections," July 22, 2013
- sos.ms.gov, "Official candidate list," accessed October 8, 2013
- tribtown.com, "Runoffs for 2 Mississippi House seats; Deaton wins Vicksburg-based House post," November 6, 2013
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "Official special election results," accessed February 21, 2014
George Flaggs, Jr. (D)
|Mississippi House of Representatives District 55
| Succeeded by|
State of Mississippi
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Commerce | Executive Director of Environmental Quality | Executive Director of Employment Security | Chairman of Public Service Commission |