|Running for U.S. Senate, Colorado|
|General election||November 4, 2014|
|Colorado State Senate District 10|
|January 9, 2013-Present|
|January 11, 2017|
|Years in position||0|
|Per diem||$45/day in Denver area, $183/day outside|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 8, 2016|
|Bachelor's||B.S. in Economics and Operations Research, United States Air Force Academy, CO|
|Ph.D.||Pardee RAND Graduate School, Los Angeles, CA|
|Years of service||2003 - 2007|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Hill served on the following committees:
|Colorado Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Legislative Audit|
Hill's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Protecting Life
- Excerpt: "If Abraham Lincoln were with us today, I am confident he would say the same thing about abortion. Indeed, abortion is a moral, social, and political evil. Our country was founded as a Republic where all are created equal, endowed by their Creator with the right to life."
- Choice In Education
- Excerpt: "As I have watched the progression of Senator Rollie Heath’s tax increase to fund education, I have been thinking a good deal about investing in the character and knowledge of the coming generation. Indeed, I am not sure that there is a more important investment."
- Medicaid Reform
- Excerpt: "Medicaid is a joint state and federal health-care program for the poor. In Colorado, we are responsible for crafting our own program, independent from other states. As Medicaid consumes around 20% of our general fund expenses (and is growing rapidly), any approach to limit government spending will require us to reform our Medicaid program."
- Understanding Right To Work
- Excerpt: "Every worker in America should have the right to decide if they want to join a union or not, and whether they want to pay union dues or not. Right-to-work laws are neither pro-union nor anti-union, rather they support personal freedom."
- Standing Up For Gun Rights
- Excerpt: "Our founding fathers understood the importance of diffuse power vested in the hands of the citizens to preserve and protect against the corruptions of centralized power. Protecting our Liberty is the fundamental idea behind the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution and the greater government grows, the more necessary the 2nd Amendment becomes."
- See also: Colorado State Senate elections, 2012
Hill won election to the Colorado State Senate, District 10. He defeated Larry Liston in the Republican primary on June 26. He defeated Christopher Mull (C) and Brandon Hughes (L) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Colorado State Senate, District 10, General Election, 2012|
|American Constitution Party||Christopher Mull||9.5%||5,721|
|Colorado State Senate, District 10 Republican Primary, 2012|
In mid-May, Hill took issue with a fundraiser where Liston was the guest of honor. According to Hill, the lobbyists who hosted the event included "some of the most ardent supporters of big government, liberal causes, and pay-to-play politics," such as Planned Parenthood, the ACLU, and proponents of Obamacare. Liston brushed off the attack, saying "This just shows how desperate my own opponent is. Two years ago, these very people who he is trying to condemn me for, he was taking money from." 
- See also: Colorado State Senate elections, 2010
Hill was narrowly defeated in the November 2 general election by incumbent John Morse (D).
|Colorado State Senate, District 11 General election (2010)|
|John Morse (D)||13,866|
|Owen Hill (R)||13,526|
|Douglas W. Randall (L)||1,320|
Comprehensive donor information for Hill is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Hill raised a total of $189,268 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 22, 2013.
|Owen Hill's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Colorado State Senate, District 10||$74,663|
|2010||Colorado State Senate, District 11||$114,605|
|Grand Total Raised||$189,268|
|Owen Hill (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|October Quarterly||October 15, 2013||$0.00||$250,411.30||$(61,151.79)||$189,259.51|
2012Hill won election to the Colorado State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Hill raised a total of $74,663.
|Colorado State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Owen Hill's campaign in 2012|
|Citizens For Owen Hill||$18,432|
|Hill, Owen J||$10,554|
|Rocky Mountain Gun Owners||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$74,663|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2010Hill lost the election for the Colorado State Senate in 2010. During that election cycle, Hill raised a total of $114,605.
|Colorado State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Owen Hill's campaign in 2010|
|Colorado Association Of Realtors Small Donor Committee||$4,250|
|Copic Insurance Small Donor Committee||$4,000|
|Senate Majority Fund||$2,500|
|Lincoln Club Of Colorado||$2,400|
|Aamd Small Donor Cmte||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$114,605|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Owen + Hill + Colorado + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Steve Stockman Faces Long Odds In Senate Race Against John Cornyn - Huffington Post
- Senate Republicans Block More Obama Nominees - Huffington Post
- PPP Poll: Tancredo, Buck ahead of GOP primary rivals - kdvr.com
- Poll shows Obamacare hurting Udall, Clinton in Colorado - kdvr.com
- John Hickenlooper, Mark Udall approvals sink - Politico
- Pikes Peak region might finally have a US senator ? or maybe not - Colorado Springs Business Journal
- Democrats criticize GOP U.S. Senate candidates for opposing access to ... - Westword (blog)
- Randy Who? Baumgardner, the guy who's only 5 percentage points behind Mark ... - Denver Post (blog)
- Harry Reid Rails Against Joe Heck On Immigration Reform - Huffington Post
- US Plans New Bank Fraud Cases In Early 2014: Eric Holder - Huffington Post
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Owen Hill Official Website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign Contributions: 2012, 2010
- Owen Hill on Facebook
- Owen Hill on Twitter
- ↑ The Gazette, "Republican Owen Hill plans to make bid for Mark Udall's U.S. Senate seat," July 9, 2013
- ↑ Campaign website, Issues
- ↑ Colorado Secretary of State, - 2012 Primary Candidate List
- ↑ Colorado Secretary of State, Official Primary Election Results
- ↑ Colorado Springs Independent, "Hill takes issue with Liston donors," May 18, 2012
- ↑ followthemoney.org, "Hill, Owen" Accessed May 22, 2013
- ↑ Federal Election Commission "Owen Hill October Quarterly," Accessed October 28, 2013
Bill Cadman (R)
|Colorado State Senate District 10
| Succeeded by|