Ozaukee County, Wisconsin
- Main article: Evaluation of Wisconsin county websites
- Budget information is online.
- Meeting minutes and meeting agendas are online.
- Has a county directory with officials listed.
- Building permits and zoning information are available.
- A single recent audit is available for the East Wisconsin Railroad Consortium.
- Union contracts are posted on the site, as is information on outside contracted services.
- Tax rates are available.
- There is no information on lobbying or obtaining public records information.
The Wisconsin Freedom of Information Council performed an audit of compliance with the Wisconsin Open Records Law in 2008. Three in ten of the requests submitted were found to be ignored or responded to in violation of state law.
The request for jail booking records caught the Ozaukee County Police Department by surprise, and they indicated that no one had ever asked to see the booking records before. The office offered to look up information under what criteria they had available, but were not able to provide the specific records requested.
- Ozaukee County official website
- Ozaukee County Tourism
- Ozaukee Transit
- County profile on E-podunk
- Ozaukee County free public records search
- County Seats of Wisconsin
- Budget Information
- Meeting Minutes
- Meeting Agendas
- County Directory
- Zoning Information, information is in Chapter 10.
- Financial Statements with Auditor's Report
- Union Agreements
- Register of Deeds: Contracted Services
- Tax Rates - Ozaukee County
- Nearly 10% of public records requests wrongly denied, statewide audit finds, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, November 19, 2008