Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Iowa State Senate, District 13|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||January 7, 2014|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
The Iowa Senate has a difference in partisan balance between Democrats and Republican of two seats, which amounts to 8 percent of the chamber. In 2012, when 26 seats were up for election, a total of 12 districts were competitive or mildly competitive. One of those districts, District 49, is up for election again in 2014. That district had a margin of victory of 9 percent in 2012.
- See also: Iowa State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Iowa State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Pam Deichmann was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Julian B. Garrett was unopposed in the Republican primary. Deichmann will face Garrett and Clair Tom Thompson (L) in the general election.
A special election for the position of Iowa House of Representatives District 25 was called for January 7, with a runoff if necessary on February 4. Candidates were nominated by their party rather than chosen through a primary.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 25, Special Election, 2014|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Pam + Deichmann + Iowa + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 30, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 7, 2014
- theiowarepublican.com, "Gustafson Nominated in House District 25 Special Election," December 2, 2013
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed December 17, 2013
- desmoinesregister.com, "Republican Stan Gustafson wins special Iowa House election," January 7, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official special election results," accessed January 15, 2014
- blogs.desmoinesregister.com, "Special election set for Iowa House District 25 vacancy," November 26, 2013
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Special election information," accessed November 26, 2013