|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 56A|
|January 4, 2011 - present|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Saint Thomas|
- 1 Biography
- 2 Committee assignments
- 3 Issues
- 4 Election history
- 5 Campaign donors
- 6 Scorecards
- 7 Personal
- 8 Recent news
- 9 External links
- 10 References
Myhra graduated from the University of St. Thomas. Her professional experience includes working as a Certified Public Accountant, and a manager at KPMG, specializing in banking, insurance, and government.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Myhra served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Early Childhood and Youth Development Policy|
|• Education Finance|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Myhra served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Capital Investment|
|• Education Finance|
|• Education Reform|
Myhra's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "The practice of responsible government"
- Excerpt: "A free market system, where people and their businesses are not crushed under a heavy burden of taxation and regulation"
- Excerpt: "Personal responsibility"
- Excerpt: "The protection of innocent human life, including the unborn child, the sick, and the elderly"
- Excerpt: "Quality education achieved through informed parental involvement and meaningful performance evaluation of both teachers and programs"
Myhra won re-election in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 56A. She was unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14 and defeated David John Jensen (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 56A, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Pam Myhra Incumbent||54%||10,905|
|Democratic||David John Jensen||46%||9,278|
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 40A (2010)|
|Will Morgan (DFL)||6,203||46.48%|
|Pam Myhra (R)||6,675||50.02%|
Comprehensive donor information for Myhra is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Myhra raised a total of $72,407 during that time period. This information was last updated on December 13, 2013.
|Pam Myhra's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Minnesota House, District 56A||$36,250|
|2010||Minnesota House, District 40A||$36,157|
|Grand Total Raised||$72,407|
2012Myhra won re-election to the Minnesota House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Myhra raised a total of $36,250.
|Minnesota House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Pam Myhra's campaign in 2012|
|40th Senate District Republican Party of Minnesota||$1,000|
|56th Senate District Republican Party of Minnesota New||$750|
|Minnesota Society of CPAs||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$36,250|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, Myhra raised $36,157 in contributions.
Her four largest contributors were:
|Powell, Duke House Dist 40A Cmte||$2,200|
|40th Senate District RPM||$1,500|
|Johnson, Todd House Dist 40A Cmte||$1,000|
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score."
Myhra and her husband, Chuck, have three adult children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Pam + Myhra + Minnesota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- "pamforhouse," Official Campaign Website
- Minnesota Secretary of State "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," Accessed June 18, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2010 Election Results," accessed March 9, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Myhra, Pam," accessed December 13, 2013
- followthemoney.org, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed September 27, 2013
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2013," accessed September 27, 2013
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2012," accessed September 27, 2013
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2011," accessed September 27, 2013
Kathy Lohmer (R)
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 56A
| Succeeded by|
William Morgan (DFL)
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 40A
| Succeeded by|
Michael Nelson (DFL)
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |