|Illinois House of Representatives, District 10|
|January 14, 2015 - Present|
|January 10, 2017|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|J.D.||Chicago-Kent College of Law|
|Place of birth||Chicago, IL|
Reaves-Harris earned her J.D. from Chicago-Kent College of Law. Her professional experience includes working as a lawyer.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Reaves-Harris served on the following committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Intermodal Infrastructure|
|• Judiciary - Civil|
|• Tourism & Conventions|
Elections for the office of Illinois House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on March 18, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 2, 2013. Pamela Reaves-Harris defeated incumbent Derrick Smith, Beverly Perteet, Eddie Winters and Antwan D. Hampton in the Democratic primary, while Mark Calonder ran unopposed in the Republican primary. Reaves-Harris then defeated Calonder in the general election.
|Illinois House of Representatives District 10, General Election, 2014|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
Reaves-Harris has two daughters. They currently live in Chicago, IL.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Pamela + Reaves-Harris + Illinois + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Illinois State Legislature
- Illinois House of Representatives
- Illinois House Committees
- Illinois state legislative districts
- Profile from the Illinois House of Representatives
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Pamela Reaves-Harris on Twitter
- Pamela Reaves-Harris on Facebook
- votesmart.org, "Pamela Reaves-Harris' Biography," accessed February 13, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Illinois Board of Elections, "General Primary Election Official Canvass," April 18, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- The Chicago Tribune, "Results List (Unofficial)," accessed November 5, 2014
Derrick Smith (D)
|Illinois House of Representatives District 10
| Succeeded by|
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |