Parkway Schools, Missouri
|St. Louis County, Missouri|
|Superintendent:||Dr. Keith Marty|
|Number of schools:||28|
|Website:||School Home Page|
|Board of Education|
|Board president:||Beth Feldman|
- 1 About the district
- 2 Superintendent
- 3 School board
- 4 Budget
- 5 Teacher salaries
- 6 Schools in Parkway Schools
- 7 Website evaluation
- 8 Contact information
- 9 See also
- 10 External links
- 11 References
About the districtSt. Louis County, Missouri. The county seat of St. Louis County is Clayton. The county's population was 221,939 according to the 2010 U.S. Census.
St. Louis County outperforms the rest of Missouri in terms of higher education attainment, median income and poverty rate. The 2010 U.S. Census found that 39.8% of St. Louis County residents over 25 years old held undergraduate degrees compared to a 25.8% rate for the state of Missouri. St. Louis County had a median income of $58,485 in 2010 compared to $47,333 for Missouri. The poverty rate for St. Louis County was 8.3% in 2010 compared to a 10.5% rate for the rest of the state.
|Racial Demographics, 2010|
|Race||St. Louis County (%)||Missouri (%)|
|Black or African American||23.6||11.6|
|American Indian and Alaska Native||0.2||0.5|
|Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander||0.1||0.1|
|Two or More Races||1.8||2.1|
|Hispanic or Latino||2.7||3.5|
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin, not a race. Therefore, the Census allows citizens to report both their race and that they are from a "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin simultaneously. As a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table will exceed 100.0%. Each column will add up to 100.0% after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages.
The current superintendent of Parkway Schools is Dr. Keith Marty, who was appointed to the position in July 2011. Prior to Parkway, Marty had served as the superintendent of Menomonee School District for ten years. He has his Bachelor's degree from the University of Wisconsin-LaCrosse, his Master's from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and his doctorate from Cardinal Stritch University.
The Parkway School Board consists of seven members who are elected at-large to three-year terms.
|Parkway School Board|
|Dee Mogerman||Vice President||2014|
|Bruce W. Major||Member||2014|
School board elections
- See also: Parkway Schools elections (2014)
Members of the Parkway School Board are elected at-large to three-year terms. Two seats were up for election in April 2013; Board members Tom Appelbaum and Sam Sciortino were elected to the board. Three seats will be on the ballot on April 8, 2014 and two seats in April 2015.
Public participation in board meetings
The Parkway School Board maintains the following policy on public testimony during board meetings:
This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
|“||Public comments are welcome at each regular board meeting during the period designated for citizen statements. To address the board, a sign-up sheet is provided between 6:30 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. at the entry table. Citizens will be called to the podium by the board president to make their statement. Those who address the board are also asked to provide a written statement. Those who do not wish to address the board may fill out the comment sheet located at the sign-in table.||”|
Parkway Schools publishes its annual budget on its website.
|Expenditures by Category|
|School Year||Staff Expenses||Student Services||Operational Expenses||Debt Service||Other||Budget Total|
|Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget|
Teachers in Parkway Schools earn annual salaries based on years on the job as well as educational achievement. The salary schedule accounts for graduate degrees by providing higher starting salaries and greater potential salaries. The following table details the salary schedule for the 2013-2014 school year:
|Degree level||Minimum salary ($)||Maximum salary ($)|
|BA + 15||43,000||50,500|
|MA + 15||48,000||86,750|
|MA + 30||50,000||91,000|
Schools in Parkway Schools
Parkway Schools serves 17,353 students, as of 2011-2012 enrollment data. The district experienced a 5.9% decrease in enrollment between 2007 and 2012. The following chart details enrollment in the district between 2007 and 2012:
|Year||Enrollment||Year-to-year change (%)|
Parkway Schools operates 28 schools listed below in alphabetical order:
|Bellerive Elementary School|
|Carman Trails Elementary School|
|Central High School|
|Central Middle School|
|Claymont Elementary School|
|Craig Elementary School|
|Fern Ridge School|
|Green Trails Elementary School|
|Hanna Woods Elementary School|
|Henry Elementary School|
|Highcroft Ridge Elementary School|
|Mason Ridge Elementary School|
|McKelvey Elementary School|
|Northeast Middle School|
|North High School|
|Oak Brook Elementary School|
|Pierremont Elementary School|
|River Bend Elementary School|
|Ross Elementary School|
|Shenandoah Valley Elementary School|
|Sorrento Springs Elementary School|
|South High School|
|South Middle School|
|Southwest Middle School|
|West High School|
|West Middle School|
|Wren Hollow Elementary School|
|Transparency grading process|
Last rated on March 26, 2012.
- Budgets, tax rates, and financial audits are posted.
- Meeting agendas and minutes are available.
- Elected officials' names and contact details are listed.
- Administrative contact details are available.
- Open bids are listed.
- State academic performance details are provided.
- Awarded contracts are not listed.
- Public records request details are not provided.
- Background check details are not provided.
- School board elections portal
- Parkway Schools elections (2014)
- Missouri school districts
- List of school districts in Missouri
- Parkway Schools, "School District Annual Expenditure Budget," accessed December 2, 2013
- U.S. Census, "Quick Facts: St. Louis County," accessed February 3, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
- Parkway Schools, "Parkway welcomes Dr. Keith Marty as Superintendent," accessed February 4, 2014
- Parkway Schools, "Board of Education," accessed February 4, 2014
- Parkway Schools, "2013-2014 Teacher Salary Schedule," accessed February 4, 2014
- Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, "K-12 Enrollment: Parkway Schools," accessed February 4, 2014
- Parkway Schools, "Our Schools," accessed February 4, 2014
- Parkway Schools, "Finance," accessed February 9, 2014
- Parkway Schools, "Public Meetings," accessed February 9, 2014
- Parkway Schools, "Meeting Summaries," accessed February 9, 2014
- Parkway Schools, "Staff Directory," accessed February 9, 2014
- Parkway Schools, "Invitation to Bid," accessed February 9, 2014
- Parkway Schools, "District Info," accessed February 9, 2014