Parkway Schools elections (2014)
Method of election
What was at stake?
St. Louis County, Missouri ballot measures
Local ballot measures, Missouri
Three seats on the Parkway Schools school board were up for general election on April 8, 2014. Incumbents Chris Jacob, Dee Mogerman and newcomer Deborah Hopper defeated challengers Tim Sauer and Wade R. Wieser for the three at-large seats.
About the district
- See also: Parkway Schools, Missouri
St. Louis County outperformed the rest of Missouri in terms of higher education achievement in 2013. The United States Census Bureau found that 40.6 percent of St. Louis County residents aged 25 years and older had attained a bachelor's degree compared to 26.2 percent for Missouri as a whole. The median household income in St. Louis County was $58,910 compared to $47,380 for the state of Missouri. The poverty rate in St. Louis County was 10.9 percent compared to 15.5 percent for the entire state.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin rather than a race. Citizens may report both their race and their place of origin, and as a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table may exceed 100 percent.
Method of board member selection
The Parkway school board consists of seven members elected at-large to three-year terms. There was no primary election and the general election was held on April 8, 2014 for three seats. Two seats will be on the ballot in 2015.
Candidates began to file affidavits of candidacy on December 17, 2013. The filing deadline for school board candidates to get on the ballot in the general election was January 21, 2014 and the deadline for candidate certification was January 28, 2014.
- Deborah Hopper
- Graduate, Washington University
- Administrative Director of Research Operations, Washington University School of Medicine
- Chris Jacob
- Graduate, University of Houston
- Retired, former businessman
- Dee Mogerman
- Incumbent and Board Vice President
- Graduate, Drake University
- Office administrator, Zerman Mogerman LLC
- Wade R. Wieser
- Graduate, Washington University’s School of Law
- Captain, Army Reserve
- Tim Sauer
- Customer service, AT&T
- Community volunteer
|Parkway Schools, At-Large General Election, 3-year term, 2014|
|Nonpartisan||Chris Jacob Incumbent||23.7%||4,421|
|Nonpartisan||Dee Mogerman Incumbent||22%||4,106|
|Nonpartisan||Wade R. Wieser||15.3%||2,854|
|Source: St. Louis County Board of Elections, "Summary Report," April 18, 2014|
No candidate filed a campaign finance report with the Missouri Ethics Commission in this election.
Information about earlier elections can be found by clicking [show] at the right.
What was at stake?
Three seats on the Parkway Schools school board were up for general election on April 8, 2014. Incumbents Chris Jacob, Dee Mogerman and newcomer Deborah Hopper defeated challengers Tim Sauer and Wade R. Wieser for the three at-large seats. Incumbent Bruce Major did not file for re-election of his seat.
The following dates were key deadlines for the Parkway Schools election in 2014:
|December 17, 2013||First day for candidate filing|
|December 24, 2013||First day for candidate filing (Kansas City)|
|January 21, 2014||Last day for candidate filing|
|January 28, 2014||Final certification date|
|March 12, 2014||Last day to register to vote|
|April 8, 2014||Election day|
Additional elections on the ballot
The Parkway school board election shared the ballot with other municipal elections in St. Louis County.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Parkway + Schools + Missouri"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Parkway Schools, Missouri
- Missouri school board elections, 2014
- List of school board elections in 2014
- School board elections, 2014
- St. Louis County, Missouri ballot measures
- Local ballot measures, Missouri
- Election preview: More than 100 candidates running in California, Missouri and South Dakota school board elections
- Post-election:Incumbents fare well in Missouri, South Dakota and California school board elections
- United States Census Bureau, "St. Louis County, Missouri," accessed February 3, 2014
- National Center for Education Statistics, "ELSI Table Generator," accessed April 22, 2014
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Missouri Election Results," accessed January 23, 2015
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
- Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages, although rounding by the Census Bureau may make the total one- or two-tenths off from being exactly 100 percent. This Ballotpedia page provides a more detailed explanation of how the Census Bureau handles race and ethnicity in its surveys.
- Missouri Secretary of State, "2014 Election Calendar," accessed February 6, 2014
- Missouri National Education Administration, "Recommendations," accessed April 9, 2014
- Missouri Ethics Commission, "Campaign Finance Reports," accessed February 6, 2014
|2014 Parkway Schools Elections|
|St. Louis County, Missouri|
|Election date:||April 8, 2014|
|Candidates:||At-large: Deborah Hopper • Incumbent, Chris Jacob • Incumbent, Dee Mogerman • Tim Sauer • Wade R. Wieser|
|Important information:||What was at stake? • Key deadlines • Additional elections on the ballot|