Parma City School District, Ohio
|Parma City School District|
|Superintendent:||Dr. Jeffrey Graham|
|Number of schools:||15|
|Website:||School Home Page|
|Board of Education|
|Board president:||Sean P. Nicklos|
- 1 About the district
- 2 Superintendent
- 3 School board
- 4 Budget
- 5 Teacher salaries
- 6 Schools in Parma City School District
- 7 Academic performance
- 8 Website evaluation
- 9 Contact information
- 10 See also
- 11 External links
- 12 References
About the districtCuyahoga County, which is situated in northern Ohio. The county's population was 1,280,122 according to the 2010 U.S. Census.
In terms of graduation rate, average household income and poverty rate, Cuyahoga County underperformed in these areas. The graduation rate was 86.7% compared to 87.8% statewide. The average household income was $44,088 compared to $48,071 in the entire state. The poverty rate was 17.1%, while the poverty rate for Ohio was 14.8%.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin, not a race. Therefore, the Census allows citizens to report both their race and that they are from a "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin simultaneously. As a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table will exceed 100.0%. Each column will add up to 100.0% after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages.
The current superintendent of Parma City School District is Dr. Jeffrey Graham, who was appointed in August 2010. His previous professional roles include serving as superintendent of Woodridge Local School District from 2003-2010, principal and assistant principal of Medina High School and teaching science from 1993-1999 at Highland & Wadsworth High Schools.
The Parma City School Board consists of five members who are elected at-large to four-year terms.
|Parma City School Board|
|Sean P. Nicklos||President||2015|
|Rosemary Gulick||Vice President||2017|
School board elections
Members of the Parma City School Board are elected at-large to four-year terms on a staggered basis. Three seats were up for election on November 5, 2013 and two seats will be on the ballot on November 3, 2015.
Parma City School District published its annual budget on their district website.
|Expenditures by Category|
|School Year||Staff Expenses||Student Services||Operational Expenses||Debt Service||Other||Budget Total|
|Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget|
Parma City School District does not publish its teacher salary schedule on its website.
Schools in Parma City School District
Parma City School District serves 11,470 students. Parma City School District does not publicly archive enrollment data.
Parma City School District operates 15 schools listed below in alphabetical order:
|Parma City School District|
|Dentzler Elementary School|
|Greenbriar Middle School|
|Green Valley Elementary School|
|Hillside Middle School|
|John Muir Elementary School|
|Parma Park Elementary School|
|Parma Senior High School|
|Pleasant Valley Elementary School|
|Pleasantview First Step and Day Care|
|Normandy High School|
|Renwood Elementary School|
|Ridge-Brook Elementary School|
|Shiloh Middle School|
|Thoreau Park Elementary School|
|Valley Forge High School|
The Ohio Department of Education issues an annual report card for each district based on scores from the Ohio Achievement Assessments. This testing process assesses the proficiency of students in grades 3 through 8 in reading and mathematics. Students in grades 10 and 11 complete the Ohio Graduation Test to not only assess proficiency but also demonstrate readiness for postgraduate life.
Parma City School District received a C on the state's Performance Index and a C in the Indicators Met section. The Ohio Department of Education found that 79.9% of students qualified as Proficient or higher. The district met proficiency levels in 75.0% of performance indicators from grades 3 through 11. The following tables detail results from the Performance Index and Indicators Met sections in the 2012-2013 district report card.
|Performance Index, 2012-2013|
|Performance level||Percentage of students (%)|
|Transparency grading process|
- Board members are published, including email contacts.
- Board of Education meetings are posted and include meeting places and times.
- The Board of Education policies are published.
- Board agendas are published, archived through 2002. Board minutes are published as well.
- Board meetings are available on video.
- Administrative officials (by department) are published.
- The budget is published.
- Audits are published and archived through 1998.
- Benefits information is published.
- District Treasurer’s Reporting tool allows a searchable expense report.
- School District Report Card is published, including performance index.
- PCSD News section is informative and up-to-date.
- PACT television network is a good resource.
- Teacher contracts are not published or searchable.
- Cannot locate background check information in Human Resources.
- No information relating to accessing public records.
- No salary information; no searchable results.
- School board elections portal
- Parma City School District elections (2013)
- Ohio school districts
- List of school districts in Ohio
- Parma City School District, "Parma City School District FISCAL YEAR: 2011-12," accessed December 5, 2013
- U.S. Census, "Quick Facts: Cuyahoga County," accessed October 21, 2013
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- Cuyahoga County Board of Elections, "Election Results History," accessed January 13, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
- Parma City School District, "About Dr. Graham," accessed January 13, 2014
- Parma City School District, "Board of Education," accessed January 13, 2014
- Parma City School District, "Welcome to the Parma City School District," accessed January 13, 2014
- Ohio Department of Education, "FAQs," accessed January 10, 2014
- Ohio Department of Education, "Ohio Graduation Test," accessed January 10, 2014
- Ohio Department of Education, "2012-2013 Report Card for Northwest Local School District," accessed January 10, 2014
- Board members
- Board policies
- Board agendas
- Board minutes
- Board meetings on video
- Administrative officials
- Searchable expenses
- District Report card
- Parma News
- PACT TV