Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|South Carolina Attorney General|
|President, S.C. chapter of the National Federation of the Blind|
|Board Member, National Federation of the Blind|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Profession||Lawyer, activist for the blind|
Diggs has been President of the S.C. chapter of the National Federation of the Blind since 2000 and was elected to the federation's national board in 2007.
After graduating from law school in 1997, Diggs opened a private law firm in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Since 2000, he has served as President of the National Federation of the Blind of South Carolina.
|Attorney General of South Carolina, 2014|
|Republican||Alan Wilson Incumbent||60.3%||738,434|
|Election Results via South Carolina State Election Commission.|
Diggs ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent South Carolina's 7th District. Diggs was defeated by Gloria Bromell Tinubu in the Democratic primary on June 12. The runoff election was on June 26. The general election was November 6, 2012.
Effect of redistricting
- See also: Redistricting in South Carolina
The 7th District was added following the results of the 2010 census. According to the Washington Post, despite Republican-controlled redistricting decisions, this district was a battleground for Democrats and Republicans seeking control of the U.S. House. With Republican front-runner Thad Viers deciding not to run and Democrat Ted Vick showing some appeal to conservatives, South Carolina's 7th was a swing district this year.
As of March 31, 2012, Diggs raised $20,786 and spent $17,874, leaving him with $2,912 cash on hand. Of that, 89 percent came from individual contributions, while 11 percent came from candidate self-financing.
Diggs and his wife, Kimberly, have one son, Jordan.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Parnell + Diggs + South + Carolina + Attorney + General"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- The State, "ELECTION 2014: Parnell Diggs to run for Attorney General," January 22, 2014
- Myrtlebeachonline.com Area lawyer, activist for the blind announces bid for Congress in Myrtle Beach January 6, 2012
- National Federation of the Blind, "Parnell Diggs, Board Member," January 22, 2014
- Campaign website About Parnell January 6, 2012
- WYFF News-2012 Primary Results
- Carolina Live, "Gloria Tinubu wins 7th Congressional District Democratic race," June 12, 2012
- Washington Post blog, "The 10 House districts that might surprise you," May 11, 2012
- opensecrets.org Accessed May 20, 2012
State of South Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller General | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |