Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Arizona House of Representatives District 15|
|Bachelor's||DeVry University (2006)|
Flickner earned her B.S. in Computer Information Systems from DeVry University in 2006. She has worked as Lead Programmer Analyst for a Fortune 500 Company since 1997.
Flickner's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Border Security
- Excerpt: "I want real border security... I believe we need a stronger military presence and increased Border Patrol to deter the drug cartels and human smuggling."
- Excerpt: "People are struggling. Most of the people I've met who have jobs consider themselves fortunate. Many, however, are either under-employed or struggling to find jobs."
- Excerpt: "The first thing we need to do is get a Superintendent of Schools who was actually an educator in the public school system... The second thing we need to do is get these teachers back to work and get these class sizes down to manageable levels of 25 students per teacher or less."
- Green Technology
- Excerpt: "As a former Democratic, I was taught that we were stewards of the planet, and as such, have a responsibility to its care."
- Excerpt: "One solution is mono-rail. For a little more than what it cost to put in the Light Rail -- and in far less time -- we could have Arrowhead to Desert Ridge covered, and without shutting down one single business."
- Illegal Immigration
- Excerpt: "SB1070 didn't address the source of the problem. It focuses on the wrong group of people. Yes, we have a problem with people coming over, but we wouldn't have an illegal immigration problem were it not for the illegal EMPLOYER problem."
- Excerpt: "I find it interesting that Democrats are associated with high taxes when our Democratic leadership, which has been in control of our Legislature for the past 44 years, has raised taxes on small businesses and the middle class while giving gross tax breaks and giveaways to large corporations that have no vested interest in Arizona."
Flickner ran in the 2012 election for Arizona House of Representatives District 15. She ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 28, 2012. She was defeated in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Arizona House of Representatives, District 15, General Election, 2012|
Flickner received endorsements from:
- Arizona Democratic Veterans and Military Families Caucus
- Planned Parenthood
- National Association of Social Workers
- Human Voters of Arizona
- Arizona Nurses Association Political Action Committee
- Terry Goddard, Former Arizona Attorney General
- Andrei Cherney, Former Clinton Advisor
- Felicia Rotellini, Former Candidate for Arizona Attorney General
- Manny Cruz, Candidate for Glendale Mayor
- State senator David Schapira
- State senator Robert Meza
- State representative Chad Campbell
- State representative Dr. Eric Meyer
- State representative Ruben Gallego
- State representative Lela Alston
- State representative Debbie McCune-Davis
- State senator David Lujan
- Matt Jette, Candidate for Arizona's 6th Congressional District
- See also: Arizona State Senate elections, 2010
|Arizona State Senate, District 6 General Election (2010)|
|Lori Klein (R)||38,999|
|Pat Flickner (D)||19,190|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Pat + Flickner + Arizona + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Pat Flickner's campaign website, Issues
- Arizona Secretary of State, "2010 Primary candidate list," accessed December 20, 2013
- Arizona Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary Results," accessed December 20, 2013
- Patricia Flickner "Endorsements" Accessed Septmeber 21, 2012
- Arizona Secretary of State, "General election results," accessed December 13, 2013