|Former candidate for|
|Vermont State Senate, Washington District|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Vermont House of Representatives Washington 3-3|
|Date of birth||July 8, 1943|
McDonald worked for CIBA-GEIGY Corporation from 1969 to 1988. She then worked as the Vice President of Human Resources/Regulatory Management for Merchants Bank from 1988 to 1991.
McDonald served as Commissioner of Personnel for the State of Vermont from 1991 to 2007. She then joined the Vermont State House of Representatives in 2007. She has served in that position since. She currently serves as Assistant Minority Leader. McDonald also currently serves as Chair of the Town of Berlin Selectboard.
- See also: Vermont State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Vermont State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 26, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 12, 2014. Washington has three state senators. Incumbent Ann Cummings, incumbent Anthony Pollina and Sandra Gaffney were unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent William Doyle, Pat McDonald and Dexter Lefavour were unopposed in the Republican primary. Cummings, Doyle and Pollina defeated Lafavour, McDonald and Gaffney in the general election.
|Vermont State Senate Washington District, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||William "Bill" Doyle Incumbent||21.3%||11,275|
|Democratic||Ann Cummings Incumbent||21.1%||11,167|
|Democratic||Anthony Pollina* Incumbent||19.8%||10,474|
|Democratic||Sandra "Sandy" Gaffney**||10.2%||5,408|
*Pollina appeared on the ballot as both a Progressive and Democratic nominee.
**Gaffney appeared on the ballot as both a Progressive and Democratic nominee.
McDonald did not run for re-election to the Washington 3-3 District in 2010.
- Government Accountability Committee, Vermont Legislature
- Government Operations Committee, Vermont House
- Rules Committee, Vermont House
- Vermont Legislature - Legislative Directory
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Listing," June 13, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Independent Candidates and Minor Party Candidates Nominated by Party Committee," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Major Party Nomination Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 General Election Candidate Listing," accessed October 11, 2014
|Vermont House of Representatives Washington 3-3
| Succeeded by|
Patti J. Lewis