Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Maryland House of Delegates, District 34A|
|High school||John Carroll School, 1997|
|J.D.||University of Maryland|
|Profession||Director of State Affairs, Johns Hopkins|
Murray's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
We need a two-step approach – stiffer sentences for drug dealers and violent criminals, and better treatment for people struggling with addiction. That means giving law enforcement officials stronger tools to crack down on dealers, especially those who prey on children, and helping addicts treat their disease.
Maryland has great schools, but we must do more to make sure every child succeeds. That means protecting state investments in our classrooms, recruiting and retaining the best teachers, increasing funds for construction and renovation projects, and prioritizing early childhood education.
Maryland needs to do more to grow businesses and create private sector jobs. That means making targeted investments in job training programs, building strategic alliances between universities and federal installations, and expanding high-tech manufacturing.
Elections for the office of Maryland House of Delegates will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 24, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 25, 2014. Mary Ann Lisanti and Marla Posey-Moss defeated Steve Johnson, Pat Murray and Maria Terry in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Glen Glass and Mike Blizzard defeated Beth Boyson in the Republican primary.
|Maryland House of Delegates, District 34A Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Mary Ann Lisanti||29%||2,473|
|Maryland House of Delegates, District 34A Republican Primary, 2014|
|Glen Glass Incumbent||44.1%||1,922|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Pat + Murray + Maryland + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Maryland Secretary of State - Official candidate list
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "2014 Gubernatorial Primary Election State Candidates List - House of Delegates," accessed May 9, 2014
- Pat Murray for Delegate, "Pat's Plan," accessed June 17, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 3, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "Unofficial Results for the 2014 Gubernatorial Primary Election," accessed June 25, 2014
State of Maryland
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |