For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Arkansas Secretary of State|
- Graduated from Jacksonville High School (1988)
- Bachelor's degree, University of Arkansas at Fayetteville (1992) in political science
- Juris Doctorate degree, University of Arkansas at Fayetteville (1995)
O'Brien partnered with Mike Wilson, then a member of the Arkansas House of Representatives, in establishing a private practice law firm in 1995. From 1996 until 2000, when Wilson went to serve on the Worker's Compensation Commission, he became partners with Will Bond. O'Brien was a member of the Board of Directors for the Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce for a term before serving as president of Downtown Jacksonville, Inc., a business dedicated to revitalizing the downtown area of Jacksonville and attracting new businesses.
In September 1999, O'Brien was elected to Zone 6 of the Pulaski County School Board, where he served a full term of four years. He then became Chief of Staff for the 22nd Judicial District's Prosecuting Attorney's office, run by Robert Herzfeld. His responsibilities included litigating complex cases and cleaning up delinquent case files that had yet to be prosecuted.
According to Follow the Money, as of April 2010, O'Brien has raised $261,950 for his secretary of state campaign. $203,241, or 77.6%, of those contributions came from individuals.
|2010 Race for Secretary of State - Democratic Primary|
|Democratic Party||Pat O'Brien||48.9%|
|Democratic Party||Mark Wilcox||34.6%|
|Democratic Party||Doris Tate||16.6%|
|2010 Race for Attorney General - Democratic Primary Runoff|
|Democratic Party||Pat O'Brien||62.3%|
|Democratic Party||Mark Wilcox||37.4%|
|2010 Race for Secretary of State - General Election|
|Republican Party||Mark Martin||51.3%|
|Democratic Party||Pat O'Brien||48.7%|
- Pat O'Brien's Facebook profile
- Pat O'Brien's Twitter account
- Patobrienforarkansas.com 2010 Campaign website
The Internet Archive's Wayback Machine was used to recall this version of the website from October 26, 2010.
- Times Record Online, "Clerk Seeks Statewide Office" 18 June, 2009
- Follow the Money - Candidate Summary: Pat O'Brien
- Arkansas Secretary of State - 2010 Democratic Primary Election Results
- Even though Pat O'Brien received the most votes, he failed to receive over fifty percent of those votes required by Arkansas state law. A runoff election between the top two vote recipients, therefore, was required to decide who went on to the general election.
- Arkansas Secretary of State - 2010 Democratic Primary Runoff Election Results
- Arkansas Secretary of State - 2010 General Election Results