|Florida State Senate District 8|
|Florida House of Representatives District 26|
|Profession||Senior Account Agent, Allstate Insurance Company|
Due to Florida term limits, Patterson did not run for re-election in the Florida House of Representatives elections of 2010.
Patterson currently works as a Senior Account Agent with the Allstate Insurance Company. He has previously worked as an elementary teacher, and served in the United States Navy.
He is a member of many organizations, including American Legion Post 127, DeLand Lodge 1463 - Benevolent Protective Order of Elks, Daytona Beach Association of Life Underwriters, DeLand Chamber of Commerce, Lake Winnemissett Civic Association, and the Orange City Chamber of Commerce.
Patterson did not provide answers to the Florida State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
- General Government Policy Council
- Insurance, Business & Financial Affairs Policy Committee (Chair)
- Select Committee on Seminole Indian Compact Review
- State Universities & Private Colleges Appropriations Committee
- State Universities & Private Colleges Policy Committee
Patterson's sponsored legislation included:
- HB 1191 - "Claims by Law Enforcement and Correctional Officers: Provides conditions under which law enforcement officer, correctional officer, or correctional probation officer who suffers from specified medical condition & has materially departed from prescribed treatment for that condition shall lose specified presumption for claims made after specified date"
- HB 7099 - "Mortgage Brokering and Mortgage Lending: Authorizes FSC to enforce compliance with S.A.F.E. Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008; authorizes OFR to participate in Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System & Registry; prohibits unfair & deceptive advertising relating to mortgage brokering & lending"
- HB 7115 - "Pub. Rec./Office of Financial Regulation: Provides public records exemption for information obtained by OFR from Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System & Registry which is confidential under federal or other state law"
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
- See also: Florida State Senate elections, 2012
Patterson ran in the 2012 election for Florida State Senate District 8. Patterson is running against Dorothy Hukill in the Republican primary on August 14, 2012. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.
On November 4, 2008, Patterson won re-election to the Florida House of Representatives from Florida's 26th District, defeating Barry Flynn (D). Patterson received 46,268 votes in the election while Flynn received 34,401 votes. Patterson raised $198,703 for his campaign; Flynn raised $64,602.
|Florida House of Representatives, District 26|
|Pat Patterson (R)||46,268||57.4%|
|Barry Flynn (D)||34,401||42.6%|
Below are Patterson's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|FL Republican Party||$25,441|
|Hospital Corporation of America||$4,000|
|FL Police Benevolent Assoc||$3,000|
|FL Cable Telecommunications Assoc||$2,000|
- Pat Patterson's campaign website
- Florida House of Representatives - Rep. Pat Patterson
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Pat Patterson on Facebook
- Pat Patterson on Twitter
- List of 2010 state legislative candidates in Florida
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Patterson Biography
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Patterson Issue Positions
- Florida Division of Elections "Candidate List" Accessed April 15, 2012
- Florida House official election results for 2008
- District 26 Florida House candidate funds, 2008
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
|Florida House of Representatives District 26
| Succeeded by|
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |