Pat Sagar recall, Pataskala, Ohio (2014)
An effort to recall city council member Pat Sagar in Pataskala, Ohio from her position was launched in May 2014. A recall election was scheduled for August 19. Sagar survived the recall election.
|Pat Sagar recall|
Path to the ballot
- See also: Laws governing recall in Ohio
A notice of intent to recall was first filed on May 19, 2014 by residents Carl and Deanna Roshong. Recall proponents needed to collect signatures equaling 15 percent of the electors in Sagar's council district who voted at the most recent regular municipal election (107 signatures). Petitioners turned in 139 signatures on June 20, 2014, with 113 of them deemed valid. Because Sagar did not resign within five days of the petition's certification, the city council was required to schedule a recall election no later than September 30. The recall election was scheduled for August 19. Sagar was not recalled.
- Licking County News, "Residents start recall process on Sagar," May 19, 2014
- Newark Advocate, "Pataskala recall scheduled for Tuesday," August 13, 2014
- The Columbus Dispatch, "Pataskala councilwoman survives recall election," August 20, 2014
- Newark Advocate, "Effort to recall Pataskala councilwoman goes to council," June 28, 2014
- This Week News, "Petition to recall Sagar certified," June 30, 2014
- Newark Advocate, "Resident questions recall effort against councilwoman," June 27, 2014
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |