|New Mexico State Senate District 7|
|December 31, 2016|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||October 25, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Bachelor's||New Mexico State University|
Woods was selected by Gov. Susana Martinez to fill a vacancy in the State Senate in October 2012, effectively allowing him to take office a month earlier than he would have, as he ran unopposed for the seat in that year's general election.
Woods earned a B.S. in Agricultural Economics and Business Administration from New Mexico State University. His professional experience includes working as a farmer. 
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Woods served on the following committees:
|New Mexico Committee Assignments, 2013|
- See also: New Mexico State Senate elections, 2012
Woods ran in the 2012 election for New Mexico State Senate District 7. He ran and won against Mark W. Myers and Angela D. Spears in the Republican primary on June 5, 2012. Incumbent Clinton Harden (R) did not run for re-election. He was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|New Mexico State Senate, District 7, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Pat Woods Incumbent||100%||12,595|
|New Mexico State Senate, District 7 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Angela D. Spears||45.2%||1,997|
|Mark W. Myers||2.8%||125|
Comprehensive donor information for Woods is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Woods raised a total of $103,545 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 20, 2013.
|Pat Woods's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||New Mexico State Senate, District 7||$103,545|
|Grand Total Raised||$103,545|
2012Woods won election to the New Mexico State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Woods raised a total of $103,545.
|New Mexico State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Pat Woods's campaign in 2012|
|Mark Myers Campaign Fund||$2,300|
|Total Raised in 2012||$103,545|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Woods and his wife, Eva, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Pat + Woods + New Mexico + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- How Elections Will Affect State School Superintendent Seats in 2014 - Governing
- Budget session to see some action - Portales News-Tribune
- Legislature set for short, lively session - Clovis News Journal
- Presidential Nominations Sent to the Senate - Whitehouse.gov (press release)
- 2013: Year of Faith yielded much for us to believe in - Arkansas Catholic
- Today in history: Dec. 30 - Daily Herald
- Local lawmakers lay out priorities - Clovis News Journal
- Today in History - KHOU
- Fond farewells and drug storms: how sport changed in 2013 - Telegraph.co.uk
- A-Rod took some shots in 2013 - Regina Leader-Post
- Office website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Bio from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Demingheadlight.com "Governor Martinez appoints Senator," Accessed October 26, 2012
- Project Vote Smart - Sen. Woods
- New Mexico Secretary of State, Official Primary Results
- New Mexico Secretary of State "Primary Candidate List," Accessed March 23, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Woods, Pat," Accessed May 20, 2013
Clinton Harden (R)
|New Mexico State Senate District 7
| Succeeded by|