|Missouri Supreme Court|
|Appointed by:||Gov. Matt Blunt|
|Past post:||Judge, Missouri Court of Appeals|
|Past post 2:||Judge, Missouri 28th Judicial Circuit Court|
|Past term 2:||1982-1990|
|Undergraduate:||University of Missouri-Columbia|
|Law School:||University of Missouri-Columbia|
Patricia Breckenridge is a judge on the Missouri Supreme Court. She was appointed to this position in 2007 by Governor Matt Blunt. She was retained by voters in 2008 and her current term ends in 2016.
- 2007-2016: Justice, Missouri Supreme Court
- 1990-2007: Judge, Missouri Court of Appeals
- 1982-1990: Judge, Missouri 28th Judicial Circuit Court
- 1979-1982: Assistant Municipal Judge, Nevada, Missouri
- 1978-1982: Attorney, private practice
Awards and associations
- 2008: Women Lawyers' of Greater St. Louis Honoree
- 2007: Judicial Recognition Award, Association of Women Lawyers of Greater Kansas City
- 2005: Daily Record's Legal Leader Award
- 2006-present Board of Directors, Missouri Institute for Justice
- 2005-present Member, Lawyers Encouraging Academic Performance
- 1998-present Mentor, St. Vincent's Operation Breakthrough Day Care Center
To see a complete list of Judge Breckenridge's accomplishments, please visit: Judge Breckenridge's Biography.
In October 2012, political science professors Adam Bonica and Michael Woodruff of Stanford University attempted to determine the partisan ideology of state supreme court justices in their paper, State Supreme Court Ideology and 'New Style' Judicial Campaigns. A score above 0 indicated a more conservative leaning ideology while scores below 0 are more liberal. Breckenridge received a Campaign finance score (CFscore) of 0.8, indicating a conservative ideological leaning. This is more conservative than the average CF score of 0.001 that justices received in Missouri. The study is based on data from campaign contributions by judges themselves, the partisan leaning of contributors to the judges or, in the absence of elections, the ideology of the appointing body (governor or legislature). This study is not a definitive label of a justice, but an academic gauge of various factors.
- Your Missouri Court, Patricia Breckenridge
- The Missouri Bar, "Patricia Breckenridge"
- BNET.com, "Patricia Breckenridge tapped for Missouri Supreme Court," September 10, 2007
|Former||Michael Wolff • William Ray Price • Stephen N. Limbaugh, Jr. • William D. Benton • John Collet • Andrew Jackson Higgins •|