North Carolina State House, District 31
|Website||Official campaign website|
Ladd ran in the 2010 election for North Carolina State House District 31. Ladd was defeated by Democratic Henry Michaux, Jr. in the general election on November 2, 2010. Ladd was unopposed in the Republican primary election on May 4, 2010.
Ladd's website talks about the following issues:
- Excerpt: "I believe that the right to life was a God-given unalienable right that applies to all human beings from the moment of fertilization, cloning, or the functional equivalent thereof."
- Excerpt: "I believe that marriage was a divinely ordained institution involving one man and one woman."
- Excerpt: "The Constitution does not authorize the federal government to control the nation's health-care system. It certainly does not authorize Congress to require every American to purchase health-care insurance. I support legislation similar to Virginia's to protect North Carolinians from this unconstitutional federal oppression."
- Excerpt: "I think that individual liberty, more free enterprise, and less government interference will result in better education."
- Excerpt: "Government spending is out of control at the federal level and at the state level. I am committed to cutting spending and taxes in North Carolina."
- Excerpt: "The Fourteenth Amendment to the US Constitution forbids any state from depriving any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law. Property rights are important. I think that North Carolinians living outside a city deserve better protection from forced annexation."
- North Carolina Department of Elections
- Official Project Vote Smart Bio
- Official campaign facebook page
- Official campaign website