|Nevada State Senate, District 1|
|February 4, 2013 - present|
|November 9, 2016|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$152/per day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Term limits||3 terms (12 years)|
|Bachelor's||Norfolk State University|
|Master's||Episcopal Theological Seminary|
|Years of service||29 yrs|
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Spearman served on the following committees:
|Nevada Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Commerce, Labor and Energy|
|• Revenue and Economic Development|
In the 2013-2014 legislative session, Spearman served on the following committees:
|Nevada Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Government Affairs, Vice Chair|
|• Legislative Operations and Elections, Chair|
- See also: Nevada State Senate elections, 2012
Spearman ran in the 2012 election for Nevada State Senate, District 1. Spearman defeated incumbent John Jay Lee in the June 12 primary election and defeated Gregory Hughes in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012. 
|Nevada State Senate, District 1, General Election, 2012|
|Independent American||Gregory Hughes||31.3%||13,221|
|Nevada State Senate, District 1 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|John Lee Incumbent||37%||1,318|
Comprehensive donor information for Spearman is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Spearman raised a total of $121,778 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 13, 2013.
|Patricia Spearman's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Nevada State Senate, District 1||$121,778|
|Grand Total Raised||$121,778|
2012Spearman won election to the Nevada State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Spearman raised a total of $121,778.
|Nevada State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Patricia Spearman's campaign in 2012|
|Electrical Workers Local 357||$5,000|
|South Point Hotel & Casino||$5,000|
|R & S Leasing, LLC||$5,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$121,778|
|Source: Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Citizen Outreach: Ratings for the 2013 Nevada Legislature
- Legislators are scored on their votes on bills dealing with government regulations, taxes/fees and individual liberty. Citizen Outreach selected 22 Assembly bills and 32 Senate bills to analyze for its scorecard.
- The American Conservative Union: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key conservative issues.
- Nevada Policy Research Institute: The 2013 Nevada Legislative Session Review & Report Card
- Legislators are scored on their voting record concerning economic freedom and education reform.
- Nevada Conservation League: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Progressive Leadership Alliance of Nevada: Facing Race – 2013 Legislative Report Card on Racial Equity
- Legislators are scored on their votes on education equity, economic equity, health equity and civil rights.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Patricia + Spearman + Nevada + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the Nevada State Senate
- Profile from Open States
- Campaign Facebook page
- Twitter feed
- Nevada Secretary of State, "2012 Primary candidates," accessed May 5, 2014
- Clark County, "2012 Primary candidates," accessed May 5, 2014
- Washoe County, "2012 General Election candidates," accessed May 5, 2014
- Nevada Secretary of State, "Official Results of the 2012 Primary Election," accessed April 23, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Spearman, Patricia," accessed June 13, 2013
- Nevada State Legislature, "Session Information," accessed July 3, 2014
John Jay Lee (D)
|Nevada State Senate District 1
| Succeeded by|